Golf -- Rams strong in EPC match
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 7, 2004 1:55 PM
WILSON -- Greene Central's Colby Murphy tied for medalist honors with South Lenoir's Austin Hardison in an Eastern Plains 2-A Conference match at Happy Valley on Tuesday.
Murphy's 74 and teammate Daniel Creech's 75 paced the Rams (20-6, 17-3 EPC) who won the match with a team score of 315.
SouthWest Edgecombe and North Lenoir tied for second with 326.
The Hawks were led by Will Grizzard (79), James Parker (82) and Spenser Hill (82).
South Lenoir turned in 353 team points to take fourth, while Tarboro finished fifth with 363. North Pitt (403) rounded out the team scoring
The next EPC match is April 19 at Falling Creek.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series