Softball -- Rosewood romps past Princeton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 7, 2004 1:59 PM
Lyndsey Cotten, Sarah Poole and Jennifer Boren each banged out two hits as Rosewood dumped archrival Princeton 12-1 in a Carolina 1-A Conference battle Tuesday.
Cotten collected two RBI and Boren drove in a run for the Eagles, who evened their conference worksheet at 3-3.
Courtney Hill, Chandra Meadows and Bliss Parrish combined for three hits and five RBI.
Boren emerged the winning pitcher, striking out six and scattering four hits in a complete-game efforts. Officials halted the game after 41Ú2 innings because of the 10-run mercy rule.
Rosewood climbed to 5-7 overall.
Princeton 100 00 -- 1 4 5
Rosewood 604 2x -- 12 9 0
Leading hitters -- Rosewood -- Lyndsey Cotten 2-4, 2 RBI; Sarah Poole 2-4; Courtney Hill 1-2, 2 RBI; Jennifer Boren 2-2, RBI; Chandra Meadows 1-3, 2 RBI; Bliss Parrish 1-2, RBI. Princeton -- Worley 1-3; Whitley 1-2; Wood 1-2; Davis 1-2.
IP H R ER BB SO
Boren (W) 5 4 1 1 0 6
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series