Wednesday -- Eagles double-up FCA
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 7, 2004 2:00 PM
Wayne Christian's Tyler Brannan drove in four runs with a triple and a home run as the Eagles emerged with a 10-5 win at home on Tuesday over Fayetteville Christian Academy.
The win improves Wayne Christian (7-2 overall) to 3-0 in the Carolina Christian 1-A Conference heading into Thursday's contest against Community Christian of Wilson.
Josh Brannan picked up the win on the mound for the Eagles, tossing four innings, striking out five and yielding three runs.
Adam Brannan added three hits, while Tyler Thomas contributed two hits on the game.
Fayetteville Christian (3-5 overall) dropped to 1-2 in conference play.
Fayetteville Chr. 200 102 0 -- 5 9 1
Wayne Chr. 133 200 1 -- 10 11 1
Leading hitters -- FCA -- Adam Everett 3-4; Boy Dyer 2-4; Dee Martz 2-3. WCA -- Adam Brannan 3-3; Tyler Thomas 2-4; Tyler Brannan 2-4, HR, 3B, 4 RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Dyer (L) 7 11 10 7 1 11
J. Brannan (W) 4 5 3 1 3 5
Thomas 3 4 2 2 2 2
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series