Soccer -- Garner scores twice for Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 8, 2004 1:59 PM
Rosewood's Kerry Garner scored two goals in the second half as the Eagles blanked county and conference rival Spring Creek 4-0 on Wednesday at Branch Pope Field.
The win improves the Eagles (10-2 overall) to 6-1 in the Classes 2-A Eastern Plains/Classes 1-A Carolina/Super-Six Conference heading into a pair of road games after spring break. Rosewood travels to Tarboro April 19 and James Kenan on April 21.
Stephanie Behrend started the scoring for Rosewood at the 30 minute mark of the first half with a free kick from 20 yards out.
Erin Thibodeau capped the scoring in the 74th minute on a pass from Behrend. Thibodeau also assisted on both of Garner's goals in the 49th and 51st minutes, respectively.
The Gators host SouthWest Edgecombe on April 21.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series