Tennis -- TEACH defeats Wayne Christian
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 8, 2004 1:57 PM
TEACH, a team of home-schooled students, swept the doubles and knocked off Wayne Christian 7-2 on Tuesday afternoon.
Matthew Rouse, David Sullivan, Triston Hooks and Alexander Hooks each had a singles win for TEACH.
The doubles of Rouse-Sullivan, T. Hooks-Finch and Robbie Hankins-Sam Rouse easily cruised in their respective matches. Rouse-Sullivan, the No. 1 tandem, dropped just one game.
Jeremy Crouthamel and Taylor Gray each won a singles match for Wayne Christian.
The teams played eight-game pro sets.
TEACH 7, Wayne Christian 2
Singles -- No. 1 Matthew Rouse (TEACH) d. Patrick Kornegay 8-0; No. 2 David Sullivan (TEACH) d. David Sheldon 8-0; No. 3 Triston Hooks (TEACH) d. Costeel Grady 8-0; No. 4 Jeremy Crouthamel (WC) d. Sam Rouse 8-6; No. 5 Taylor Gray (WC) d. Robbie Hankins 8-0; No. 6 Alexander Hooks (TEACH) d. Jordan Crouthamel 8-7 (9).
Doubles -- No. 1 Sullivan-M. Rouse (TEACH) d. Kornegay-Sheldon 8-1; No. 2 T. Hooks-Finch (TEACH) d. Grady-J. Crouthamel 8-4; No. 3 Hankins-S. Rouse (TEACH) d. Gray-Howell 8-4.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series