Tennis -- WCDS continues to improve in loss
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 8, 2004 1:57 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Wayne Country Day continues to improve, but fell 7-2 on Wednesday at Rocky Mount Academy in Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference play.
Alex Proimos and Byron Bryan won their matches at number four and five singles, respectively. Proimos defeated Rob Jenkins in three sets, while Bryan topped Chris Jensen in three sets.
The Chargers (2-3, 0-2 CPIC) returns to action on April 20 at home against Faith Christian of Rocky Mount.
Rocky Mount Academy 7, WCDS 2
Singles -- No. 1 Clark Howell (RMA) d. Ross Wilson 6-0, 6-0; No. 2 Zach Cyrus (RMA) d. David Wilson 6-0, 6-2; No. 3 J.B. Brewer (RMA) d. Chad Roberson 7-5, 6-2; No. 4 Alex Proimos (WCDS) d. Rob Jenkins 1-6, 7-5, 6-1; No. 5 Byron Bryan (WCDS) d. Chris Jensen 6-3, 3-6, 6-2; No. 6 Scott Anderson (RMA) d. George Mayo 6-3, 6-4.
Doubles -- No. 1 Howell-Brewer (RMA) d. R. Wilson-Proimos 8-1; No. 2 Cyrus-B. Williams (RMA) d. D. Wilson-Roberson 8-2; No. 3 Jensen-Anderson (RMA) d. Mayo-Srikantha 8-4.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series