Softball -- Odom shuts down Warrior offense
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 9, 2004 1:56 PM
Jessie Odom struck out nine and allowed just one hit as South Central scored a 2-0 softball victory against Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe Eastern Wayne on Thursday.
The Falcons scored in the first inning with the help of an error. Karen Harker, who opened the frame with a single, trotted home when the Warriors couldn't handle a grounder by Nicole Nunamaker.
Harker also accounted for the only other run in the game. After opening things with a single, Harker stole second base. Odom followed with an RBI single to left field to push the lead to 2-0.
Emily Sasser collected the Warriors' lone hit.
Eastern Wayne right-hander Ginny Narron suffered the pitching loss and surrendered both runs on five errors.
South Central (11-2, 9-1 ECC) will return to action next Thursday in the D.H. Conley Spring Softball Tournament.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series