Walnut Creek Ladies Golf
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 9, 2004 1:55 PM
Kathy Woodard took low gross honors for the play of the day as the new golf season got underway for the Walnut Creek lady golfers. Jewel Ivey claimed low gross in the first flight with Novella Zambelli taking low net. Second flight winners were Betty Holloway (low gross) and Pete Reaves (low net). Low putts for the day went to Brooke Eason.
The first round of the Walnut Creek Cup Tournament was also played on Tuesday. Play will continue in this tournament April 13, 20 and May 4. Ladies regular play will not be held on April 27 as Walnut Creek will host the Tarheel League.
Walnut Creek ladies golf winners at the East Carolina Ladies Golf Association's tournament played last week at New Bern Country Club were Jewel Ivey (championship flight, second low net) and Betty Holloway (third flight, second low gross).
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series