Greene Central falls in Hot Stove opener
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 12, 2004 1:55 PM
GREENVILLE -- Greene Central could do little against 4-A power J.H. Rose Saturday in the final game of the opening day of the Jimmie R. Grimsley Hot Stove league Tournament at Guy Smith Stadium.
The Rampants scored early and often in a 14-4 win over the Rams, belting out nine hits and taking advantage of four Ram errors. Mark Letchworth drive in four runs on a 2-for-3 effort, while Derrick Cox went 1-2 and also drive in three runs, Ram starter Jordy Grady took the loss for Greene Central.
Jordy Davis and Matthew Tyndall both had two hits for Greene Central, and Matthew Whitley notched a double.
The Rams meet Eastern Wayne in the Tournament's second day this afternoon at 2:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series