Baseball -- Monday
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on April 19, 2004 1:55 PM
North Lenoir's Shane Harris tossed a complete game, yielding just one run and five hits through seven innings as the Hawks topped rival Kinston 3-1 on Saturday.
North Lenoir (10-7) scored all three of its runs in the first two innings as Stihl Sowers contributed two RBI.
Richard Nobles paced the Vikings with two hits, while picking up the loss on the mound.
The Hawks return to action on Tuesday at SouthWest Edgecombe.
Falcons take pair from Beddingfield
PIKEVILLE - Charles B. Aycock gave Wilson Beddingfield no chance over two days of baseball, winning back-to-back games with the Bruins last Thursday and Friday.
Aycock won Thursday 13-0 at Wilson, as Grant Sasser struck out 12 and gave up just one hit. Bradley Taylor was 3-for-4 with a double, Garrett Davis 2-for-3 with a triple and Casey Cole 2-for-3 with a pair of triples to pace Aycock offense.
On Friday, Garrett Davis took the mound and faced the minimum in a one-hit effort, striking out nine as Aycock prevailed 11-0. Davis picked off the only batter to reach base, and at the plate went 2-for-3.
Aycock (12-1, 6-1) will travel to North Lenoir today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series