Baseball -- Rosewood gets key win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2004 1:59 PM
FARMVILLE -- Rosewood's Micheal Render pitched six strong innings, striking out nine against two walks as the Eagles claimed a key 10-3 road win at Farmville Central.
Dustin Overman retired the side with three strikeouts in the seventh.
The win improves Rosewood (6-8) to 4-3 in the Class 1-A Carolina Conference with a non-conference contest at Wilson Fike set for Thursday.
"We made the routine plays, and the pitchers threw strikes," Rosewood coach Scott Adams said. "This is a big win and we are looking to build from there."
Taylor Carr delivered a two-run home run for the Eagles and finished with three RBI on the game. Matt Craft, Dustin Overman, Josh Allen and Kyle Bunn were applauded for their offensive efforts.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series