Baseball -- W. Craven tops Goldsboro
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2004 1:58 PM
Goldsboro's Curtis Mozingo had two hits as the Cougars fell 15-2 at home to West Craven on Tuesday.
West Craven scored 11 runs in the first two innings and went on to win the game in five innings, due to the 10-run mercy rule.
Zach Van Voorhees and Adam Hughes had two hits each for the Eagles (7-6, 6-4 Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference).
West Craven's Billy Budding picked up the win, striking out eight. Eugene Norman got the loss for the Cougars (1-13, 0-9 ECC). Eleven of the Eagles' 15 runs were unearned off of Norman.
Goldsboro travels to Washington for a double-header on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m.
W. Craven 652 20 -- 15 11 4
Goldsboro 000 20 -- 2 3 8
Leading hitters -- W. Craven -- Zach Van Voorhees 2-4; Adam Hughes 2-4. Goldsboro -- Curtis Mozingo 2-2; Sean Sheffield 1-2.
WP -- Billy Budding. LP -- Eugene Norman.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series