Golf -- Dustin Smith guides Golden Falcons
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2004 1:56 PM
DUDLEY -- Dustin Smith fired a 1-under par 71 and seized medalist honors, helping Charles B. Aycock claim the top spot in a Class 3-A Eastern Carolina golf match at Southern Wayne Country Club.
The Golden Falcons finished with a four-player total of 304.
Ryan Campbell complemented Smith's effort with an 18-hole round of 76. Teammates Will Vinson and Jonathan Burke contributed scores of 78 and 80, respectively.
Ryan Balderman and Jeff Mullins also competed for Aycock.
"We played well yesterday," Golden Falcons coach Gary Hales said.
League-leading West Carteret ended up second at 313 and holds a 12-stroke lead over the Golden Falcons. Eastern Wayne finished third with a 324. Rounding out the eight-team meet were the host Saints (341), South Central (342), Washington (344), Kinston (352) and West Craven (390).
The teams play again Thursday afternoon at Walnut Creek.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series