Softball -- EW falls to Washington
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2004 2:01 PM
WASHINGTON -- Jasmine Lee turned in a three-hit effort as Eastern Wayne dropped a 7-3 decision against Washington in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play Tuesday afternoon.
"They got a little momentum going, but actually, this is one of the best games we have played in a while," Eastern Wayne coach Scott Waller said. "At least they didn't hang their heads and kept fighting.
"We hit the ball pretty well against her."
Washington pitcher Jeri Bell, a Pitt Community College signee, earned the pitching win.
Ginny Narron suffered the pitching loss for the Warriors, who fell to 4-10 overall and 2-7 in the ECC.
Eastern Wayne 100 101 0 -- 3 7 2
Washington 020 104 x -- 7 12 1
Leading hitters -- Eastern Wayne -- Jasmine Lee 3-4; Emily Sasser 1-2, RBI; Kristy Berends 1-3, RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Narron (L) 5 9 5 3 1 1
Jones 2 3 2 2 0 0
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series