Softball -- Rosewood belted by Jags
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2004 2:02 PM
FARMVILLE -- Farmville Central scored nine times in the first inning and took a 19-1 softball victory against Carolina 1-A Conference foe Rosewood Tuesday.
The Jaguars (7-4, 5-2 CC) got the big hit in the first from Krissy Tyson, who banged out a three-run double. Farmville collected six other hits, got a walk and took advantage of three Rosewood errors in the inning.
Courtney Hill led the visiting Eagles with two hits in two at-bats.
Chandra Meadows, Abigail Barrow and Aubrey Reinhard each had one hit.
Jennifer Boren endured the pitching loss for the Eagles, who fell to 5-8 overall and 3-4 in the conference. Rosewood entertains Ayden-Grifton at 7 p.m. Friday.
Rosewood 000 10 -- 1 4 6
Farm. Central 942 4x -- 19 16 1
Leading hitters -- Rosewood -- Courtney Hill 2-2; Chandra Meadows 1-2, RBI; Abigail Barrow 1-2; Aubrey Reinhard 1-2. Farmville Central -- Brooke Modlin 4-4, 2 2B, HR, 2 RBI; Margo Brady 2-3; Kristy Willson 2-4; Erica Taylor 3-4, 2B; Krissy Tyson 1-3, 2B, 3 RBI.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series