Soccer -- Eagles balanced in road win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 22, 2004 1:59 PM
WARSAW -- Rosewood's Stephanie Behrend scored off of a corner kick near the 6:30 mark of the first period as the Eagles went on to defeat James Kenan 3-1 on Wednesday.
Kerry Garner scored unassisted near the 14 minute mark of the first half, while Rachel McCormick tallied Rosewood's final goal nine minutes into the second half on a follow shot.
The win coupled with North Lenoir's loss, puts the Eagles (12-2 overall) in first place in the Classes 2-A/1-A Carolina/Super-Six Conference with an 8-1 worksheet.
James Kenan's only goal came from Heather Nethercutt midway through the first half.
The Tigers (5-7) fell to 4-4 in the conference.
Rosewood faces an important two-game stretch next week, hosting a surging North Johnston on Monday and traveling to North Lenoir on Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series