Soccer -- Lady Sting sweep Triangle teams
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 22, 2004 1:58 PM
Goldsboro '88 Lady Sting goalie Ashley Lish recorded her second shutout of the weekend in a 3-0 win on Sunday over Chapel Hill United.
The Sting defeated the Fuquay-Varina Lightning on Saturday 3-0. Both games were played at the YMCA Soccer Complex in Goldsboro.
In Sunday's game, Samantha Frazer, Natalie Taylor and Stephanie Behrend scored one goal each. Taylor and Crystal Lemon were credited with assists.
Saturday, Taylor scored twice and Behrend added one goal, while Kelsey Griffith dished out two assists.
Carol Reiner, Rachel McCormick and Katrina Meir were applauded for defensive play over the weekend. Kasie Edwards and Lemon competed solidly in the midfield.
The Lady Sting will travel to Sanford to play the Scorpions Sunday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series