Golf -- G. Central is second in EPC match
By David Rouse
Published in Sports on April 23, 2004 1:56 PM
HAVELOCK -- Colby Murphy turned in an 18-hole round of 75, leading Greene Central to a second-place finish in a non-conference tri-match Thursday afternoon at Carolina Pines Country Club.
The visiting Rams collected a four-player total of 326, 15 strokes behind match host Havelock. North Lenoir was third with 331.
Daniel Creech complemented Murphy's effort with an 82. Brandon Jones added an 84, while Blake Sutton also contributed to the team score.
Greene Central (25-7-1) concludes regular-season play next Monday in a Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference meet at Cotton Valley and Links in Tarboro.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series