Soccer -- Gudac scores only goal in NJ win
By David Rouse
Published in Sports on April 23, 2004 1:57 PM
STANHOPE -- Jenna Gudac collected the game's only goal and Heather Creech turned in a strong defensive effort as surging North Johnston shut out Southern Nash 1-0 on Thursday.
Gudac scored in the eighth minute off an assist from Ashby Brame. She has now scored in eight consecutive matches and has 23 goals for the season.
Sophomore keeper Allison Hinnant stopped two Ladybird shots and earned the shutout in goal.
"We played without our three seniors who are on a senior trip," first-year Panthers coach Brent Walston said. "Heather played her first-ever game at sweeper and did outstanding."
North Johnston, which has won seven consecutive matches, improved to 10-7. Walston's team continues play Monday at Carolina/Super Six/Eastern Plains 1-A/2-A foe Rosewood.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series