Raczkowski -- Former Warrior makes All-CVAC team
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 25, 2004 2:00 AM
SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Joey Raczkowski, a sophomore at Belmont Abbey, earned a spot on the NCAA Division II All-Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference second-team baseball squad announced Friday.
Raczkowski, a left-handed pitcher who starred at Eastern Wayne, threw four complete games and posted a 4-4 record for the Crusaders. He recorded 48 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched and fashioned a 4.65 earned run average.
In a return trip to Wayne County on March 20, Raczkowski threw 5 2/3 innings against Mount Olive College. He fanned five batters and walked three, but earned a no decision as the Crusader bullpen faltered in a 4-3 loss at Scarborough Field.
Raczkowski had six putouts and 13 assists on defense.
Belmont Abbey finished 11-43 overall and failed to qualify for the eight-team CVAC tournament.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series