Baseball -- Buck, Hawks drop SL
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 28, 2004 2:04 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Marvin Buck struck out seven and gave up two earned runs in six innings of work as the Hawks defeated rival South Lenoir 3-2 in Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference action.
Shane Harris came on to pick up the save in the seventh.
The Hawks (12-8, 4-2 EPC) got a 3-3 effort from John Alphin, who scored two runs. Andrew Manning added two hits and three RBI for North Lenoir, who hosts Greene Central on Friday.
Josh Kennedy got the loss for South Lenoir.
South Lenoir 011 000 0 -- 2 6 2
North Lenoir 020 100 x -- 3 6 1
Leading hitters -- South Lenoir -- Chris Johnson 2B, RBI. North Lenoir -- Jacob Alphin 3-3, 2 runs; Andrew Manning 2-2, 3 RBI.
LP -- Josh Kennedy. WP -- Marvin Buck. S -- Shane Harris.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series