JV Baseball -- CBA'S Price solid in win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 29, 2004 1:55 PM
Charles B. Aycock pitcher Brandon Price yielded four hits and only one run in seven innings of work as the Golden Falcons defeated county rival Rosewood 5-1 at the Eagles' field on Wednesday.
Price struck out nine against one walk.
Aycock improved to 17-1 on the season and will face West Craven on Friday. The Eagles handed the Falcons their only defeat on the season.
Trent Langston had two hits and two RBI for Aycock, while Casey Cole had a double.
Boys Club Mustangs 5, Wolfpack 3 -- Mat Dickerson had a grand slam home run for the Mustangs, while Jeremy Vincent picked up the win. Jay Core and William Winslow had one hit each for the Wolfpack. In an earlier game, the Mustangs defeated Wayne Christian 11-1. Nalan James had three hits, including two home runs, while Xavier Knight had two hits. David Smith had a home run for Wayne Christian.
Wayne County Bandits 5, Saulston 0 -- Cambrick Moye went the distance, striking out 15 while allowing three hits. Zack Mozingo and Moye had two hits each. Stephen Hall added a triple. The Bandits improved to 5-0.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series