Soccer -- CBA's Hooks tallies hat-trick
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 29, 2004 2:00 PM
VANCEBORO -- Charles B. Aycock's Mary Beth Hooks posted a hat-trick (three goals) as nine different Golden Falcons scored in a 15-0 win on the road at West Craven.
Aycock (11-4 overall) improved to 8-2 in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference in picking up their seventh shutout of season.
Jessy Lamb, Stephanie Speck, Anem Waheed and Rebecca Phillips scored twice for the Falcons, while Lizzie Sodoma, Emily Stewart, Cassidy Gray and Tara Fenton tallied one goal each.
Phillips, Stewart and Gray scored their first goals of the season in the win.
The Falcons will be one of the conference's top three seeds heading into the N.C. High School Athletic Association playoffs and conclude regular season play next week. Aycock hosts South Central on Monday before battling rival Eastern Wayne on Wednesday in New Hope.
"Our goal was to be undefeated, but we had two 1-0 losses in conference," Aycock coach John Fidler said. "It would be nice to get a share of the conference title, but it's out of our hands. We always look forward to that last game at Eastern Wayne. "
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series