Baseball -- CBA's Williams throws complete game
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 2, 2004 2:02 AM
VANCEBORO -- Charles B. Aycock's Adam Williams threw a complete game and the Golden Falcon offense backed him up with 10 hits in a 5-3 win over West Craven Friday night.
The victory gives Aycock (14-6, 7-5) nine wins in its last 10 games after opening the season at 5-5. The Falcons are now tied with Eastern Wayne for third place in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference.
Williams permitted just one earned run and walked just two batters.
Aycock broke a 3-3 tie in the fifth inning with a pair of runs that proved to be the difference. Davis said Aycock helped West Craven stay in the game by stranding 13 runners.
Travis Bartlett ripped a pair of doubles, while Josh Pate paired up on hits, one a double, and Matthew Waddell drove in a run with a double.
Aycock will host West Carteret on Tuesday night, then play South Central, Eastern Wayne and Washington to close out the regular season.
C.B. Aycock 201 020 0 -- 5 10 3
West Craven 100 200 0 -- 3 5 4
Leading hitters -- C.B. Aycock -- Josh Pate 2-4, 2B; Travis Bartlett 2-3, 2 2B, RBI; Will Spence 2-3; Matthew Waddell 2B, RBI. West Craven -- Brandon Braxton 2-3, RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Adam Williams (W) 7 5 3 1 2 8
Brandon Braxton 4 5 3 3 2 4
Justin Morris (L) 3 5 2 1 3 4
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series