Baseball -- EW falls to New Hanover
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 2, 2004 2:02 AM
Eastern Wayne's Garrett Sutton came on to pitch in relief in the top of the second, yielding just two runs the rest of the way as the Warriors fell 9-5 at home to Class 4-A opponent New Hanover.
The loss drops Eastern Wayne to 9-11 overall as they head into the final two weeks of the 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference with a 7-5 mark -- currently tied for third with Charles B. Aycock. The Warriors face Goldsboro on Tuesday and Southern Wayne on Friday.
No further information was available on Friday's game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series