Baseball -- Panthers drop NL
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 5, 2004 2:05 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir dropped a 9-1 contest at home to North Pitt in a Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference showdown at home on Wednesday.
The Hawks fell to 13-9 overall and 5-3 in the Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference with two games left.
Donald Beal paced North Lenoir at the plate with two hits. Marvin Buck picked up the loss on the mound for the Hawks, who host SouthWest Edgecombe on Friday.
North Pitt (15-6 overall) improved to 6-2 in the EPC.
North Pitt 103 302 x -- 9 13 4
North Lenoir 100 000 0 -- 1 7 4
Leading hitters -- North Pitt -- Brandon Scott 3-4, 2B; Clark Harrington 3-4, 2B, 3 RBI; Chip Wall 3-4; Jordan Scott 2-4; David Rawl 2-3, 2B. North Lenoir -- Donald Beal 2-4.
WP -- Chip Wall. LP -- Marvin Buck
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series