Baseball -- Render shuts down NJ
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 5, 2004 2:06 PM
Rosewood's Micheal Render struck out 10 and allowed just three hits in a complete game shutout as the Eagles defeated North Johnston 3-0 at home on Tuesday.
"Render threw the ball extremely well. He hit his spots and really kept North Johnston off- balance," Rosewood coach Scott Adams said.
Render helped his cause with a 2B and two RBI in the Eagles' regular season home finale.
Taylor Carr, Josh Allen, Dustin Overman, Trey Kreiger and Nick Becton each had hits for Rosewood (7-12), who improved to 5-5 in the Class 1-A Carolina Conference heading into Friday's clash at North Duplin.
The Panthers fell to 4-6 in conference play.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series