Golf -- Rams and Hawks conclude seasons
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 5, 2004 1:58 PM
TARBORO -- Greene Central and North Lenoir concluded their seasons Tuesday afternoon in the NCHSAA 2-A eastern regionals at the Links at Cotton Valley.
The Rams, paced by Colby Murphy's 78, finished the day-long event with a 335. Brandon Jones added an 84. Daniel Creech and Blake Sutton recorded socres of 85 and 88, respectively.
North Lenoir's individual scores were not available.
South Brunswick seized the team title with a 311, followed by Edenton Holmes (317) and Currituck County (320). Those three teams and the top three individuals not on qualifying teams advance to the next week's two-day state championships at Keith Hills Country Club in Buies Creek.
The individual qualifiers were medalist Phillip Mills of South Lenoir, Spence Fulford of SouthWest Edgecombe and Robert Peterson of East Columbus. Mills finished the day with a 1-over par 72.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series