Softball -- N. Lenoir clinches third straight EPC crown
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 5, 2004 2:02 PM
BETHEL -- North Lenoir's Hermia Humphrey struck out seven in seven innings of shut-out work as the Hawks blanked North Pitt 8-0 on the road on Tuesday.
The win clinched the Hawks' third-straight Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference championship as they improved to 8-0 in conference play.
Mary Catherine Mills had two hits and four RBI to lead the North Lenoir attack. Randi Moulton had two hits, including a double and two RBI for the Hawks (18-2), while Morgan Worthington had a triple and an RBI.
North Lenoir travels to SouthWest Edgecombe on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series