Softball -- NJ's Evans strikes out 15
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 5, 2004 2:01 PM
North Johnston junior Candace Evans struck out 15 and gave up just two hits in seven innings of work as the Panthers rolled to a 9-1 win at Rosewood on Tuesday.
Evans helped her cause with three RBI on two hits.
North Johnston, ranked first in the latest 1-A ihigh.com coaches/media poll, improved to 19-1 overall and 10-0 in Class 1-A Carolina conference play heading into Friday's battle with Ayden-Grifton in Kenly.
The Panthers were paced at the plate by Amanda Pope, who had two hits and two RBI. Janna Rogerson added two hits, including a double.
Rosewood got on the board in the first inning when Courtney Hill drove in Sarah Ardes with a single to left. Evans did not allow another base runner until the bottom of the seventh.
The Eagles (6-10 overall, 4-6 Carolina) travel to North Duplin on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series