Soccer -- NJ sprints past Gators
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 6, 2004 1:56 PM
KENLY -- North Johnston's Jenna Gudac tallied her sixth hat-trick (three goals) of the season as the Panthers dropped Spring Creek 6-0 on Wednesday.
Gudac now has 26 goals on the season.
The Panthers (11-8 overall) improved to 7-4 in the Classes 2-A Eastern Plains/1-A Carolina/Super-Six Conference and outshot the Gators 21-2.
Pending the outcome of North Johnston's match with Tarboro tonight, the Panthers will likely grab the conference's third and final N.C. High School Athletic Association playoff spot.
Due to a schedule conflict, Spring Creek will not make-up its match with North Lenoir and concluded its conference slate and season at 4-6-1.
Stefanie Jones had two goals and one assist, while Martha Godwin added a goal. Gudac also added two assists, while Christy Johnson added one assist.
Panther goalies Allison Hinnant and Brandi Brinchek combined for the shutout.
Spring Creek coach Michelle Cobb applauded the play of Christie Bradshaw, Lauren Jones and Kelly Murphy.
Spring Creek's Barbara Witherington was credited with 28 saves.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series