Tennis -- RMA tops Chargers
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 6, 2004 1:56 PM
Wayne Country Day split the singles contests 3-3 with Rocky Mount Academy but couldn't manage a win in doubles as Rocky Mount Academy claimed a 6-3 win at Wayne Community College on Tuesday.
Ross Wilson, Chad Roberson and Alex Proimos picked up singles wins for the Chargers (3-7), who will participate in the Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference tournament on Saturday at Wayne Community College.
Rocky Mount Academy 6, Wayne Country Day 3
Singles -- No. 1 Ross Wilson (WCDS) d. Zack Cyrus 3-6, 6-2 (7-4); No. 2 J.B. Brewer (RMA) d. David Wilson 6-2, 6-4; No. 3 Chad Roberson (WCDS) d. Rob Jenkins 6-4, 6-2; No. 4 Alex Proimos (WCDS) d. Brad Williams 6-0, 6-4; No. 5 Chris Jensen (RMA) d. Byron Bryan 6-2, 6-3; No. 6 Scott Anderson (RMA) d. George Mayo 6-3, 7-5.
Doubles -- No. 1 Howell-Brewer (RMA) d. R. Wilson-A. Proimos 8-3; No. 2 Cyrus-Williams (RMA) d. David Wilson-C. Roberson 9-8 (10-8); No. 3 Jensen-Anderson (RMA) d. Bryan-Mayo 8-3.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series