Hawks eliminated from 2-A playoff chase
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 9, 2004 2:01 AM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Shane Harris walked none and struck out eight in seven innings of work, but the Hawks provided no run support in a 2-0 loss at home to SouthWest Edgecombe.
The Cougars' Thomas Evans drilled a two-run home run in the top of the sixth for the game's only runs.
Both Class 2-A N.C. High School Athletic Association playoff qualifiers, SouthWest Edgecombe plays North Pitt on Tuesday with the number one spot in the Eastern Plains Conference on the line.
North Lenoir (13-10, 5-4 EPC) was eliminated from the playoffs and travel to Tarboro on Tuesday in its season finale.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series