N. Lenoir beats 29th consecutive EPC foe
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 9, 2004 2:02 AM
PINETOPS -- Senior right-hander Hermia Humphrey collected nine strikeouts and ended with a complete-game no-hitter in North Lenoir's 4-0 victory at SouthWest Edgecombe.
The state-ranked Hawks (19-2) extended their Eastern Plains 2-A Conference win streak to 29 games, including a 9-0 worksheet this season. They conclude the regular season at home next Tuesday against Tarboro High.
Humphrey yielded one walk en route to her 11th win of the season.
Randi Moulton emerged North Lenoir's top offensive leader with three hits, including a double, and an RBI. Morgan Worthington added two hits in three plate appearances.
Junior third baseman Chanee Lynch batted 2-for-4, while Brandi Whaley contributed two hits and two RBI.
North Lenoir is ranked No. 3 in the latest ihigh.com/coaches and media poll.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series