Poole helps Rosewood knock off N. Duplin
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 9, 2004 2:03 AM
CALYPSO -- Sarah Poole banged out three hits and drove in a run as Rosewood dismantled North Duplin 12-1 in Carolina 1-A Conference action Friday.
Poole also scored three runs for the Eagles, who improved to 7-10 overall and 5-6 in league play. They finish the reguilar season Tuesday evening at archrival Princeton.
Courtney Hill registered two hits and an RBI in two plate appearances, and scored twice. Lyndsey Cotten batted 2-for-3 with two RBI.
Chandra Meadows claimed the pitching win, striking out seven and limiting the Rebels to one hit.
Maryln Ball batted 1-for-1 with an RBI for North Duplin.
The Rebels (2-18) finished 1-11 against Carolina Conference opposition.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series