Rosewood's Bunn helps shut down Rebels
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 9, 2004 2:03 AM
CALYPSO -- Rosewood sophomore Kyle Bunn struck out eight in four innings of work in his second start of the season as the Eagles defeated North Duplin 9-3 on the road on Friday.
Bunn also added a three-hit, two-RBI performance at the plate.
Rosewood (8-12 overall) remains in the hunt for a Class 1-A N.C. High School Athletic Association playoff berth with a 6-5 Carolina Conference mark. The Eagles travel to rival and also playoff-hopeful Princeton on Tuesday.
Taylor Carr went three-for-three for the Eagles, driving in four runs. Brantley Ellis and Dustin Overman had doubles for Rosewood.
Overman added three innings of one-hit relief work, striking out five.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series