Track -- EW teams take third at ECC meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 11, 2004 1:56 PM
MOREHEAD CITY -- Eastern Wayne's boys and girls teams both finished third at the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference meet at West Carteret on Friday.
The Patriots won both meets, while Charles B. Aycock took home second in both.
Chris Campbell paced the Warriors' boys with three medals, including a first-place finish in the 110 hurdles (15.63). Keon Davis took first in the 300 low hurdles (43:17), while Matt Interrante was first in the 3200 (10:37).
Shelly Baker finished first in the 100 hurdles for the Warriors' girls with a 15:75, while Eugina Baker claimed the 200 meter (26.68). Eastern Wayne's 4x100 and 4x400 each took home first-place finishes.
No information from C.B. Aycock, Goldsboro and Southern Wayne was submitted from the ECC meet.
West Carteret 173, Charles B. Aycock 151, Eastern Wayne 117, Washington 63, Southern Wayne 43, South Central 36, Kinston 34, West Craven 18, Goldsboro 11
West Carteret 174, Charles B. Aycock 113, Eastern Wayne 102, South Central 84, West Craven 57, Southern Wayne 48, Kinston 42, Goldsboro 34, Washington 34
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series