Track -- Ram girls third in 2-A regional
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 11, 2004 1:56 PM
Greene Central's girls track team placed third out of 24 teams in the Class 2-A N.C. High School Athletic Association east regional this past weekend.
Jacksonville Northside won the meet with 153 points. Swansboro placed second with a total of 87 points, while the Rams finished third with 59.5 points.
Greene Central now moves on to the state championships in Raleigh on the campus of N.C. State University on Friday. The meet is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.
At the eastern regionals, Greene Central's Shontay Dodd took first in the 100 and 200 meters with finals' times of 12.08 in the 100 and 25.42 in the 200.
The Following is a list of ladies making the states in their respected events -- Shontay Dodd (100, 200); Mirriam Sheppard (300 hurdles); Olisa Thaggard (long jump, triple jump); 4x100 -- Briana Stanton, Alicia Best, Thaggard, Dodd; 4x200 -- Teketia May, Thaggard, Best, Dodd; 4x400 -- Teketia May, Stanton, Amanda Holloman, Diandra Tyson
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series