Baseball -- Hawks win finale
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 12, 2004 2:01 PM
TARBORO -- North Lenoir's Andrew Manning had two hits and four RBI as the Hawks defeated Tarboro 7-2 at Municipal Stadium on Tuesday.
The win concluded the Hawks season at 14-10 overall and 6-4 against Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference foes.
Marvin Buck picked up the win in six innings of work for North Lenoir, while Donald Beal had three hits in four plate appearances. Shane Harris and Brandon Johnson had two hits each for the Hawks.
Tarboro's John Webb got the loss.
North Lenoir 231 001 0 -- 7 12 3
Tarboro 200 000 0 -- 2 4 4
Leading hitters -- North Lenoir -- Donald Beal 3-4, Shane Harris 2-4; Andrew Manning 2-3, 4 RBI; Brandon Johnson 2-3.
WP -- Marvin Buck. LP -- John Webb.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series