Baseball -- PHS, Myers top Eagles
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 12, 2004 2:01 PM
PRINCETON -- Princeton's Dustin Myers struck out 10 Rosewood batters in seven innings of work as the Class 1-A N.C. High School Athletic Association playoff-bound Bulldogs defeated the Eagles 6-0.
Princeton now must await the outcome of Ayden-Grifton's game tonight with Farmville Central to determine its playoff seeding. The Bulldogs (13-7 overall) improved to 8-4 in Carolina Conference play and are currently one game behind the Chargers in the loss column.
Rosewood, who committed five errors in the loss, completed its season at 8-13 overall and 6-6 in conference play.
Myers helped his cause with a two-for-two effort at the plate, while Brandon Pate also had two hits for the Bulldogs.
Micheal Render got the loss in his final outing in purple and gold.
Princeton travels to non-confernece opponent Clayton today.
Rosewood 000 000 0 -- 0 5 5
Princeton 103 200 x -- 6 6 0
Leading hitters -- Princeton -- Dustin Myers 2-2; Brandon Pate 2-2.
WP -- Dustin Myers. LP -- Micheal Render.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series