Softball -- Panthers blank Spring Creek
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 12, 2004 1:59 PM
KENLY -- Candace Evans threw a one-hit shutout and No. 1-ranked North Johnston completed its Carolina 1-A Conference campaign unbeaten with a 10-0 decision against Spring Creek.
The Panthers (21-1, 12-0 CC) captured their 21st consecutive win and open the N.C. High School Athletic Association playoffs at home May 21 against an undetermined opponent.
Evans recorded 11 strikeouts and surrendered one walk in a contest shortened to five innings due to the 10-run mercy rule. Evans also added two hits and drove in two runs offensively.
Janna Rogerson batted 2-for-4 with two RBI. Ashley Tart and Ashley Woodall each had two hits. Woodall doubled and plated three runs.
Robyn Creech tripled in a 1-for-3 effort.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series