Softball -- Princeton pulls off Carolina win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 12, 2004 2:00 PM
PRINCETON -- Princeton plated the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning and nipped archrival Rosewood 5-4 in the Carolina 1-A Conference finale for both teams Tuesday.
Chandra Meadows endured the pitching loss in relief of starter Jennifer Boren. Meadows yielded just two hits and two runs (one earned) in a three-inning stint. Boren allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits. The duo combined for four walks and four strikeouts.
Sarah Poole, Courtney Hill and Boren each had a hit for the Eagles. Hill, Boren and Meadows combined for three RBI.
Rosewood finished 7-11 overall and 5-7 in the conference.
Princeton (5-13) fashioned a 4-8 Carolina Conference worksheet.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series