Baseball -- C.B. Aycock JV goes unbeaten in ECC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 14, 2004 1:56 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Ten players recorded at least one hit apiece as C.B. Aycock seized the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference title with a 10-0 decision against Washington.
Garrett Davis recorded nine strikeouts, walked two Pam Pack batters and yielded one hit in a contest shortened to five innings because of the 10-run mercy rule. It was Davis' fifth one-hitter of the season.
Bradley Taylor and Aaron Kline each ripped a double.
C.B. Aycock defeated county rival Eastern Wayne 10-1 on Tuesday.
Grant Sasser allowed one hit, a first-inning home run to Joey Moye. He settled down to record 17 strikeouts in a complete-game effort.
The Golden Falcons' Taylor homered in a 2-for-4 showing. Thomas Pilkington went 2-for-3 with a double. Joseph Toler added a double in a 2-for-3 performance.
Sasser collected two hits in three plate appearances.
Aycock concluded the regular season 22-1 and 13-1 in the ECC.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series