Baseball -- C.B. Aycock tops Washington
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 14, 2004 1:56 PM
WASHINGTON -- Charles B. Aycock kept its postseason aspirations intact with a key 7-4 victory Thursday evening at Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference opponent Washington.
Josh Pate, Bennett Jeffreys and Nik Pappas each delivered big hits in a second-inning uprising for the Golden Falcons. Pate plated two runs with a single. Jeffreys laced a two-RBI double, while Pappas tripled home a run.
Aycock led 6-0 after 1 1/2 innings of play.
The Pam Pack climbed within 6-3 through five innings, but Matthew Waddell's sacrifice fly in the sixth gave the visitors a little breathing room. It also helped relax pitcher Adam Williams, who earned the complete-game win.
Williams allowed four runs (all unearned) on eight hits and struck out six.
The Golden Falcons are 16-8 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series