CBA grad Howell honored this month
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 21, 2004 1:55 PM
GREENVILLE - Paige Howell, an alumnus of Charles B. Aycock High School, was honored as a scholar-athlete by PCS Phosphate at East Carolina University's Breakfast of Champions earlier this month.
The breakfast recognized one outstanding athlete from each of the varsity sports at East Carolina based on academic and athletic achievement. These athletes make up the school's all-academic team.
Howell, who graduated from Charles B. Aycock in 2001, is a junior majoring in elementary education at East Carolina. She is a middle hitter for the Lady Pirates volleyball team. Howell has earned a full scholarship for next season at ECU.
She is the daughter of Jay and Debbie Howell of Pikeville.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series