Post 11 Juniors hammer Wilson Post 13
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on June 16, 2004 1:55 PM
WILSON -- Six different Wayne County Junior American Legion players had multiple hits as Post 11 cruised to a 14-4 win in five innings over Wilson County at Wilson Fike High School.
Taylor Sutton led the outburst with four hits, including two doubles, two RBI and two runs scored. John Yates delivered three hits with a double and two RBI.
Joseph Davis smacked a home run for the second-straight day and added a double, while Joey Moye, Justin Williams and Michael Stewart all posted two hits and drove in one run each.
Tyler Ham added two RBI and Brady Wiggins doubled.
Wayne County (7-1) smacked six-straight hits on their way to a six-run second inning.
"The second inning was unbelievable," Wayne County coach Trae McKee said.
T.J. Hinson moved to 2-0 on the season, going all five innings. Hinson rendered four runs on seven hits, while striking out two against only one walk.
The Post 11 juniors return to action on June 22 at Snow Hill.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series