Tyndall paces Snow Hill attack
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on June 16, 2004 1:56 PM
SNOW HILL -- Snow Hill's Matthew Tyndall had three hits, including a double and a home run, while driving in three runs as the Post 94 American Legion team defeated Ahoskie 11-6 at the James R. Fulghum Athletic Complex on Tuesday night.
The win evened Snow Hill's overall record at 5-5 heading into Sunday's home tilt with Wilson County.
Jordy Davis went the distance on the mound for Post 94, striking out 12 against two walks. Davis allowed six runs on eight hits as only three of his runs allowed were earned.
Snow Hill's Brian James delivered three hits, while Jordan Scott had two doubles and an RBI.
Ahoskie's Jamie Grant had two hits and an RBI.
Post 94 played Tuesday's game without usual starters John Allen Conway and Edward Greene, who are participating in the State Games of North Carolina this week.
Leading hitters -- Snow Hill -- Matthew Tyndall 3-4, HR, 2B, 3 RBI; Brian James 3-4; Jordan Scott 2-4, 2 2B, RBI. Ahoskie -- Jamie Grant 2-5, RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Jordy Davis (W) 9 8 6 3 2 1
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series