Golf -- Hicks records two double eagles
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 30, 2004 1:55 PM
Norm Hicks pulled off a doubly difficult golfing feat recently, scoring two double eagles (completing a par-five in two strokes) in the last two months.
Hicks notched both double eagles on the par-5 18th hole at Three Eagles Golf Course on Seymour Johnson Air Forse Base.
The first one, on April 10, saw Hicks hole out an 185-year approach shot with a six-iron. Lightning struck twice on June 20 when Hicks rolled in his approach shot fromn 165 yards away with a seven-iron.
Hicks shot at 76 and a 64, respectively, when he accomplished the double eagles.
Among those witnessing the feat were Rocky Norris for the first double eagle and Dan Daniels for the second one.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series