Jr Legion -- Boswell's pinch hit aids Aycock rally
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 30, 2004 1:56 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Cameron Boswell delivered a game-winning pinch-hit single in the sixth inning as Aycock rallied past Rocky Mount 6-4 in an American Junior Legion baseball contest Tuesday evening at Charles B. Aycock.
Boswell's RBI occurred during a four-run uprising as Aycock erased a two-run deficit against its Area I East opponent.
Trailing 4-2, Taylor King started the game-winning rally with an RBI groundout. Bradley Taylor knotted the score at 4-4 with an RBI single, which set the table for Boswell's game-clinching hit.
Will Spence added an RBI insurance run.
Aycock (12-3) grabbed a 2-0 lead in the second inning on singles by King, Joseph Toler and Lancaster. Rocky Mount tied the game in the fourth and took its two-run lead in the top half of the sixth.
King emerged the winning pitcher in relief of starter Brandon Edgerton. Edgerton worked 4 2/3 innings before King threw the final two-plus innings.
Toler and Thomas Pilkington paced Aycock's attack with two hits apiece.
Aycock (6-3 Area I East) entertains Ahoskie at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series