Babe Ruth softball -- Wayne County 12s drop Greene Co.
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 1, 2004 1:55 PM
KINSTON -- Wayne County's Amber Baker and Autumn Pittman had two hits each as the 12-under Wayne County Babe Ruth softball All-Star team defeated Greene County 10-0 at the District Eight Tournament in Kinston on Wednesday.
Ashley Singleton, who also tripled, picked up the win in four innings of work -- striking out seven.
Jessica Hare, Cara Frederick, Victoria Benton and Morgan Davis also had hits for Wayne County.
Wayne County enters today's championship game against Kinston-Lenoir County with a 2-0 mark and must lose twice to not claim the title.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series